Becoming a Patient
To become a patient of our clinic, please phone or email us and we will be happy to set up an exam/consultation appointment.
These forms can be downloaded, printed, signed and brought to your first appointment.
Your First Visit
Our initial goal is to gather a comprehensive medical history, which may require additional investigation later. We will gather relevant diagnostic information, including a clinical extraoral and intraoral examination, x-rays, and possibly diagnostic study models. Occasionally the examination appointment is completed over two visits due to medical challenges, which may include sedation
The Next Steps
Once all appropriate data is gathered, we will discuss your dental diagnoses and recommend how to best address your dental needs. When appropriate, we will discuss our proposed care with your referring doctor(s). Once a direction of care is agreed upon, a full treatment plan with fee estimates will be given to you. We will pre-determine all care to your insurance company if you wish.
Finance and Insurance
- SSCD will file insurance claims on behalf of our patients with almost all dental and some medical insurance carriers. For the patient portion, we accept cash/check, Visa/MC and debit/credit cards.
- We do not bill Medicare.
Our standard financial policies
- We bill for all procedures when they are completed.
- Your insurance will be billed and you will be responsible for all costs not covered.
- Payment of your portion is due on the day of completion.
- Sedations/General Anesthesia must be paid in full in advance.
- Large cases / complex treatment plans may require deposits to begin.
- Missed/late appointments may incur a charge.
- Our goal is to provide high-quality dental care that fits your financial abilities. Your doctor will give you options in terms of type of treatment selected, timing, and payment possibilities, so that you are able to make an informed decision on the treatment venue that you find most comfortable.