Medically Complex Patients
We have experience and expertise in providing dental care to patients with the following conditions:
- Pre-transplant clearances and post-transplant immunosuppression support
- Oncologic support including chemotherapy and radiation care
- Hemophilia and other bleeding disorders
- Heart failure, dysrhythmias, pre-valve replacements and devices
- Pulmonary disorders including oxygen and/or ventilator-dependent patients
- Kidney and liver disorders, particularly dialysis patients
- Diabetes, both Type I and Type II, all severities
- Immunocompromised patients
- High-risk pregnancy
- Neurologic disorders and developmental disabilities
- Dental Phobia
We perform most aspects of dentistry in our office, including:
- Diagnostic exams and X-rays
- Cleaning/Hygiene services
- Restorative/Esthetic dentistry (fillings, crowns, bridges, veneers)
- Root canals
- Extractions and pre-prosthetic surgery
- Implants (placement and restoration)
- Dentures (complete and partial)
- Pediatric dentistry
Sedation and General Anesthesia
We provide several types of sedation in office:
- Nitrous Oxide sedation ("Laughing gas"):
Nitrous Oxide is primarily used for mild sedation, so patients have added layer of comfort during their appointment.
- Oral sedation:
A mild-moderate sedation that can provide relaxation and possibly amnesia of the dental visit.
- Intravenous sedation:
With Intravenous sedation, the patient maintains consciousness, but is deeply sedated. We recommend this for extensive procedures (such as extractions) and for patients who have higher levels of anxiety.
- General Anesthesia:
We are uniquely equipped to provide sedation in our office under general anesthesia, which is often for crucial for patients who are phobic, need extensive treatment, or who desire to finish all or most of their care in one appointment. Our office is equipped with a hospital grade anesthesia machine, which makes providing these services convenient and cost effective. Moreover, we have operating room access at Swedish Medical Center for more complicated procedures.
We are committed to providing an accessible care experience for all, and will outline a recommended treatment plan at the initial consult appointment. Our mission is to use open communication and advanced technology to help us provide a comfortable, highly customized treatment for every patient.